“We shall not leave from our exploration
And at the end of all our exploring
Will be to arrive
Where we started and know the place
For the first time.”
So the sabbatical is coming to a close. I start Monday. The bank account will be happy.
A few lessons from this time off:
1) Daytime TV is pretty terrible. Usually I didn’t watch it unless I was forced to do so at the gym, while on the treadmill. Or when I was getting my car fixed the day after Christmas and Dr. Oz was performing a gynecological exam on live TV. Ick.
2) Rustling leaves on nearly bare trees make a lovely symphony.
3) Sleep is one of God’s greatest gifts.
4) Family and friends fill my life in ways too numerous to count. I’m grateful.
5) While immensely grateful for this break, I’m also grateful for the chance to serve again in meaningful ways. And, while I hope I don’t see any of you as patients, do come see me; the coffee shop’s tasty.